I keep a supply of Feral and Invasive Pigments paint-making kits on hand in the studio, to make it easy to do workshops, and occasionally folks want to purchase one from me for their own purposes. Interested? Below are the contents of the kit (approximately, some tools will vary in style/size), which come to $120.00 and also includes a copy of the 2nd Edition of Feral Hues: A Guide to Painting with Weeds. If you’d like to purchase one, email me! The individual tools included are listed below, so it’s possible to assemble your own kit as well.
Tools & materials included in the kit:
- one stainless steel mortar & pestle (~$20.00)
- one flexible spatula (~$4.00)
- one glass sheet with polished edges (~$10.00)
- one flexible palette knife (~$4.00)
- one small glass muller (~$30.00)
- 2 plastic pipettes (~$1.00)
- one broth strainer (~$4.00)
- one sink strainer ($~2.00)
- a small amount of two mordants: aluminum sulfate & ferrous sulfate (~$3.00)
- a bottle of liquid gum arabic (~$14.00)
- a copy of Feral Hues: A Guide to Painting with Weeds ($20.00)
- If shipping is required, that will be calculated separately.