Unit Shapes: Repetition & Balance
- Images: Repetition and Balance
- Composition explorations: types of balance (handout)
- Repetition and Balance Collage Assignment continued (see handout, due next week)
- Museum Trip
- Complete Repetition and Balance Collage Assignment. Come to class prepared to present it next Thursday.
- Before Week 8 (April 4th): Visit MoMA (free with your CCNY ID) and see the Inventing Abstraction show. Choose one work that you are particularly drawn to, and copy it in your sketchbook, making sure to note the artist’s name, the date, and the medium. Take notes on the piece based on terms and concepts used in this class. Why is this work particularly successful for you? Do you recognize any of the elements and principles of design we’ve discussed at work in the piece? How? Email me the name of the title & artist for the piece you’ve selected, and an image taken in the gallery or outside of it if you can’t shoot inside.